I woke up last week to find that I had been nominated for a blog award: The Liebster Award
I’m super excited and feel very honored that someone else out there felt like I deserved recognition as an up and coming blogger. So, first of all, let me thank the blogger at Finding Order in Chaos for nominating me. And in return, I get to nominate five blogs that I think are worthy of being read, with the criteria being that they have less than 200 followers. Also, to note, I am one follower short of 100 in four months, which makes me feel pretty good. I’d love to not only duplicate those results in the next four months, but definitely exceed them. If you enjoy the blog, I’m happy. I’ll be going through an overhaul soon to add another element to the website so it really reflects total mind and body wellness, not just finding happiness and fulfillment on a personal level.
So, because I think these blogs are worthy of being read and followed, without further ado, the five blogs I’d like to nominate for the Liebster Award are:
1. http://twoinfps.com/ This is a blog written by a couple who discuss how to create a positive relationship: “TwoINFPs.com is all about arriving at the perfect relationship. This requires self-awareness and working internally on yourself, as well as understanding how to find the best person for you and then conducting yourself in a wonderful way once you are in that relationship.”
2. http://josavill.com/ I am obsessed with her blog: super honest, funny and I always learn something either about entrepreneurship, science communication or travel. “I love being a science communicator, but I want to do more. Amit and I are starting businesses in 2012 and we want to invite you along for the ride.”
3. nowisgoodblog.wordpress.com/ A divorced mom, getting through the travails of life. She writes beautifully and sincerely, which is always amazing: “I’m a newly single mom of 3. I’m also a daughter, sister, friend, loner by nature and lawyer by trade. I swear like a sailor. I laugh really loudly. I have no tolerance for hypocrisy. Sarcasm, strength, good grammar, intelligence, biting humor and a fair amount of red wine are requirements, not preferences. Life has been throwing curve balls and I’ve been fielding them as well as I can. This is me figuring it all out.”
4. http://falling-down.me/This is an American soldier’s blog. He tells it how it is from his perspective, apologizes for nothing and wears his heart on his sleeve for everyone to see, judge, fear, respect, love. In his words: “My name is Chris. I am a paratrooper in the U.S. Army’s famed 82D Airborne Division. I am 28 years old, a father of two, and facing a divorce from the woman I have loved for 8 years. I am using this blog as an outlet, trying to order my thoughts and feelings and to basically chronicle the shenanigans of my every day life. I am trying to figure out how to live this newly, unwanted, single life of mine. I guess time will tell how well I do that. Anyway, feel free to stop by and see what new piece of life I have decided to share.”
5. http://thewritersadvice.com/ I like reading about writing because I like writing, I like getting better at writing, I like other writer’s perspectives. Jai is always coming up with new and interesting things which always challenge my thinking: “Jai learned what it took to weave together a good story while sitting under a large oak tree deep in her family’s history. Ever since then she has loved writing stories, making them her own creation, a mix of past truths and future possibilities.”
So congratulations for being amazing. Here are the Liebster Blog Award rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog (that’s me).
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you (that’s my site).
3. Copy and past the blog award on your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to five blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed.
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog.